Introduction Statement

Hello designers,

my name is Katie Rohrbach of Katie Rohrbach Interiors. Ever since I was about seven years old I have been designing interior and exterior spaces. I still hold onto some of the interior space drawings from way back then. My passion for design continued to grow as time passed by. After graduating high school I attended Bellevue College studying photography, art and design for about two years until I transferred to Washington State University to study interior design. Currently I am enrolled at Washington State University as a freshman in the summer program. This opportunity to study at Washington State University means everything to me and I will tell you why. When I was sixteen years old I had a grand mal seizure at one of my friends birthday parties and landed onto a glass/hardwood coffee table. Ever since that fall I have never quite been the same… the fall caused memory loss to come and go with each passing day since the accident. Four years later and I still struggle with remembering how to do certain activities or what I am supposed to do. The one thing that this accident can’t take away from me is my ability to design and create. Although I will have this ‘handicap’ the rest of my life I will always be able to do what I love; design and create. The world around me inspires my designs and I put everything I have into a project no matter how small. I will continue to expand on my understanding and elements in the Interior Design industry on my road to my future career as an Interior designer.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Frank Lloyd Wright Bio

One of my favorite interior designers / architect is Frank Lloyd Wright. Personally if I had to describe Frank's style of design I would say 'organic geometric.' The rigidness of his designs and his incorporation of shapes is what he is well known for. Using the elements and principles of design that I correctly identified in my Elements and Principles Posters [earlier post]  I was able to create a well thought out poster for Frank Lloyd Wright. I used an underlying grid to create the overall layout with varying protrusions; similar to his style of work. For example the text boxes start and end at different points on the page just like the lines in the stained glass art by Frank [left side]. It is also similar to the way the Falling Water house is built [see background]. The color scheme may be slightly dull in appearance which is something for improvement but other then that I believe it is spatially pleasing and informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment