Introduction Statement

Hello designers,

my name is Katie Rohrbach of Katie Rohrbach Interiors. Ever since I was about seven years old I have been designing interior and exterior spaces. I still hold onto some of the interior space drawings from way back then. My passion for design continued to grow as time passed by. After graduating high school I attended Bellevue College studying photography, art and design for about two years until I transferred to Washington State University to study interior design. Currently I am enrolled at Washington State University as a freshman in the summer program. This opportunity to study at Washington State University means everything to me and I will tell you why. When I was sixteen years old I had a grand mal seizure at one of my friends birthday parties and landed onto a glass/hardwood coffee table. Ever since that fall I have never quite been the same… the fall caused memory loss to come and go with each passing day since the accident. Four years later and I still struggle with remembering how to do certain activities or what I am supposed to do. The one thing that this accident can’t take away from me is my ability to design and create. Although I will have this ‘handicap’ the rest of my life I will always be able to do what I love; design and create. The world around me inspires my designs and I put everything I have into a project no matter how small. I will continue to expand on my understanding and elements in the Interior Design industry on my road to my future career as an Interior designer.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Tri- Fruit

I call this piece Tri- Fruit since I did a value painting of three pieces of fruit; pear, apple and orange with flair pen ink. I mixed the appropriate shades in tints, tones and values  in order to show the scene I saw in front of me.  I captured the correct values and tones of each piece of fruit to a 'T.' After the paint had dried I sketched over the important lines for contour drawings in each piece of fruit to emphasis the lines I felt would be strong. Overall I feel successful with this piece and look forward to doing another just like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment